Thank you for your interest in wanting to rent a home through Astoria Charm Property Management. We require certain standards when it comes to income, credit, criminal history and rental history.
Please be prepared to pay the application fee. All occupants that are 18 years or older must complete an online application. Each applicant is required to pay a $25 application fee, which is non-refundable. Please remember that once you’ve submitted your application the credit and background screening are instantly completed, therefore your Application Fee is 100% NON REFUNDABLE. The entire $25 you pay goes to the third party that does the credit and background checks. We make $0 from the application fee. Properties are rented to the most qualified applicant.
All applications are processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familiar status or national origin of the applicant.
In addition to the rental application, you will be required to provide a valid form of identification.
All applicants pass through a screening process. Prior to submitting your application please review the following resident qualification criteria:
- The combined household income must be a minimum of three (3) times the monthly rent. Employed applicants will be asked to produce pay stubs for the past six (6), consecutive weeks. Additional legal sources of verifiable income may be accepted. Examples include social security, child support, disability, retirement, VCHP and other voucher programs, and any other legal, verifiable income.
- Applicants starting a new job may be required to provide an Offer Letter on employer letterhead confirming start date and compensation terms.
- In instances where sufficient income requirements cannot be met, Landlord may elect to accept pre-paid rent or a Guarantor. A Guarantor must submit an application. A Guarantor is subject to the same qualification requirements as an applicant and will be required to sign the lease.
- Some income results may require further verification.
- A credit report will be processed on each applicant. All credit situations will be considered on a case by case basis. Some general guidelines include: All bankruptcies (Chapter 7 or 13) must be discharged at the time of application. No landlord collections. No outstanding judgments, No rental collections, No delinquent or past due accounts.
3. Criminal History
- A criminal background check will be completed for each Applicant.
4. Rental History
- Rental history will be verified for each applicant. A minimum of 1-year verifiable rental history is required. Prior evictions may result in an automatic denial of the application.
5. Occupancy Standard
- Our company occupancy standard/limitation regarding the number of people residing in a dwelling unit is two persons per bedroom
Applications are not considered complete until all necessary information/documentation has been received.
Please remember that once you’ve submitted your application the credit and background screening are instantly completed, therefore your Application Fee is 100% NON REFUNDABLE. The entire $25 you pay goes to the third party that does the credit and background checks. We make $0 from the application fee.
Falsification of information provided by applicant is grounds for automatic denial of application and/or termination of tenancy with loss of all monies paid.
Astoria Charm does business in accordance with the Fair Housing Act. It is unlawful and a violation of company policy to discriminate against any person based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status, or to refuse to show, rent, negotiate, or otherwise make unavailable any rental unit.
THINK YOU MIGHT NOT BE ELIGIBLE?
If you feel there is a reason why you might be denied, in some instances, a higher deposit or other terms and conditions might be available to you.
Contact us to learn more.